Saturday, December 15, 2012

December Glymm Bag Review

Hello Lovelies!
I finally received my last Glymm bag, and I anticipated this bag the most out of the three subscriptions I currently have which are Glymm, Topbox and Ipsy. The reason I wanted to get this one first was because I wanted to see if my decision to cancel my Glymm bag was the right choice to have made. Although this months bag was an improvement on the previous ones, I am still glad I decided to cancel it. Here is a review of all the products that this months bag came with.

From Left to Right: Lashem False Lashes, Suncoat Peelable nail polish, Lashem Eyelash and Eyebrow Enhancing Serum, Glamorous Lipgloss

The Lashes from Lashem were by far the best part of this whole Glymm bag.
Cute gold bag this months cosmetics came in, I am a sucker for anything gold.
Lashem False Lashes
The false lashes that came in December's bag is by far the best part of the bag this month. I received the package in the mail Friday, and used the lashes the same night because I had to attend two Christmas parties in one night. What I liked about these lashes was how soft and supple they were, and they had a very strong band that's easy to maneuver and place on the lids. The other thing that's nice about these lashes is that for first time application, no glue is required. Somehow the glue that is on them is strong enough to use and holds very well. I loved how they made my eyes look bright and open.

Lashem Eyelash & Brow Enhancing Serum
I have yet to try the serum, but it claims that it will give you longer luscious lashes in just 6 weeks with application twice a day. I don't know how true this is, but I will try it out and let you know what I think of it.

Suncoat Peelable Nail Polish
I really was not crazy about the fact that the nail polish bottle says "Peelable". As far as nail polish is concerned, I think that the word "peel" is something you wouldn't want associated with a nail polish as it makes it sound cheap and unreliable. This polish is water based, which is something different than regular polishes like Chanel or Revlon. I tried it out on just one nail, and unfortunately the color was not nice. There was hardly any gloss or shine to it. True to it's name, it was easily peeled off, which, in my eyes, is not an attractive feature about this polish. I definitely will not be purchasing this in the future.

Glamorous Lip Gloss
Once again, I was extremely unimpressed by this product. Although it appears orange in the tube, it applies closer to clear on the lips. It has a very smooth, non-sticky texture which is nice, however the one downfall to this product that ensures me throwing it out, is the smell. I absolutely could not tolerate it. In a few words, it almost smelt like a mix of old flowers and cough medicine (not the good kind). If a product is going to be on my face, it better smell nice.

That's it for the mini haul/review of December's Glymm bag. I am happy to say that I stand by my choice to cancel my subscription. I think that 4 consecutive months of disappointment was quite enough for me.

Thanks again for reading, don't forget to subscribe and follow me, and I'll be posting again soon. A la prochaine!

Bisous xoxo
~Suzy

2 comments:

  1. Aw, that sucks to be disappointed by stuff you get excited for :(

    I liked the post though.

    -Autumn & Athena

    http://urbanabold.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips