Tuesday, December 18, 2012

December Ipsy / My Glam Bag Review

Hello Lovelies!
I am back once again with another haul and review of yet another makeup subscription service. You may already be familiar with this one because the creator is makeup/beauty guru Michelle Phan and it is called Ipsy (formerly known as My Glam). I have to say that I am extremely impressed with the products I received in the December Ipsy bag as compared to the other subscriptions I've tried. Glymm was a total disappointment, hence why I discontinued it, and thus far Top Box has impressed me somewhat, but not nearly as much as Ipsy. Here are the products I received and why I think Ipsy is just that awesome.

From Left to Right: Be a Bombshell Lipgloss in Hot Mess (Red gloss pictured on the right), Mirabella Face & Eye Primer, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Zero, NYX Ultra Pearl Mania Loose Eyeshadow in Charcoal Pearl, and Mai Couture Highlighter Paper
Be a Bombshell Lip Gloss in Hot Mess
I was extremely surprised to find two full size products in this months ipsy bag, the first of the two being this lip gloss. The first thing I look at when I try out a new lip gloss is the smell. I am unable to wear a lip gloss if the smell is too strong or unpleasant. This gloss thankfully has neither an unpleasant nor strong smell. When applied you really do not taste or smell any type of odor from it. The second thing I look at is the consistency. It is neither too gooey, nor too liquid, which I like. The color of this gloss is also phenomenal. I usually don't wear red lip glosses or lipsticks because I find it hard to pull off with my complexion. When I tried this on my lips, I immediately loved how it looked. The only downfall of this lipgloss is that it is a tad stickier on the lips than I would have liked. Regardless, the pros outweigh the cons in my eyes, and I would definitely consider purchasing this again in the future.

Mirabella Eye and Face Primer
The second full sized product that came in the bag was a primer. I swatched it on my skin to feel the texture and it is extremely soft and smooth. At first I was concerned because the formula felt as though it would stay very oily on the lids, however after a few minutes it dried completely and left the skin very soft. I have yet to try it with an eyeshadow, but from the feel of it it reminds me of urban decays primer potion. This is another product I would almost definitely re-purchase.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye-Pencil
I have always loved Urban Decay products. Being the owner of both naked palettes as well as their primer potion, I was excited to see I had received one of their eyeliners as I had never tried them before. I was amazed at how easily the pencil applies to the skin, however it does not apply jet black right away, it has to be built up to get a really nice opaque black color. I had high expectations for this product and it passed with an A+ in my book.

NYX Ultra Pearl Mania Loose Eyeshadow in Charcoal Pearl
I have never been a fan of loose eyeshadow colors. I find them to be difficult to work with and there is usually massive fallout. While this pigment is no exception, I have to say that I am absolutely in love with the color and the formula. It is a very sparkly charcoal grey with a blue/silver undertone. This shadow is absolutely perfect for the holidays and I cannot wait to use it for my upcoming cruise for new years eve.

Mai Couture Highlighter Paper
The highlighter papers that came with the Ipsy bag are absolutely gorgeous. They are a very sparkly peach color which I think looks flattering on almost all skin types and skin colors. I do not use highlighter very often because I have yet to find one that gave me the look I was going for. After I tried this out on my skin I fell in love with it. However, I would advise caution to certain people, this highlighter is extremely iridescent and sparkly, so if you tend to have dry or acne prone cheeks, I would avoid using something like this as it will only accentuate those flaws. It comes with 25 sheets, which should last me for quite some time.

That's it for the haul/review of December's Ipsy bag. I hope it was informative and gave you a good idea of whether or not you should also subscribe for this service. I would definitely recommend it. Being Canadian, it is a little more expensive than advertised because of exchange rate fluctuations and shipping, but for about 15 dollars a month it is totally worth it. On the plus side you also get the really cute makeup bag!

Bisous xoxo
~Suzy

P.S: Check out my friend Catherines Blog! | Catherinebelle.blogspot.ca

10 comments:

  1. What part of Canada are you from? I'm from Montreal.

    I want to try these monthy bags/boxes. I've always been hesitant but I just might do it. Great post.

    -Autumn

    http://urbanabold.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!!!!! I'm from Montreal too!!!! That's so awesomeeee. It's nice to meet another blogger from this neck of the woods. Lol

      Delete
    2. I read your comment on Athena's post, haha, yes we are a two person blog, I'm Autumn! My post usually have my name on the title. I'm from Montreal! (: It is really nice to find someone from the same area as well <3

      Delete
  2. damn, that urban decay is my all time favourite make up brand!
    thanks for your lovely comment, i'm following you now!
    it'll b nice if you follow me back too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ann thanks for the comment! I will definitely check out your blog and follow back. Xoxo

      Delete
  3. i waaant that gloss:)
    Do check out my blog and let me know if u wanna follow each other :)
    www.fashionstirred.com
    Hugs from India
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I have been looking for a good eyeliner, so I'll have to check out Urban Decay!

    Victoria
    atomosapricot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved the review! will definitely try some of these things out.

    my blog is new but check it out! :)

    http://malbrowne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips