Monday, December 17, 2012

December Top Box Review

Hello Lovelies!
Today I received my second Top Box! YAY! The products this month seem pretty decent. I tried/tested them out and here is what I think. ^_^

From Left to Right, Top to Bottom: Goldwell Hot Form Spray, Kellet Skincare Clarifying Acne Treatment, Chloe Eau de Parfum, Ferro Cosmetics Mineral Foundation

Goldwell Hot Form Spray
After trying the spray, I came to find that it is very light and has a very nice smell. It is not only used to give you smooth and shiny straight hair, it also acts as a heat protectant. This spray is also supposed to strengthen and give lasting shape and smoothness. I can't really tell if my hair feels stronger but it is very smooth and soft. However, for a full size bottle (150ml), the price tag of 21$ is a little too steep for me, therefore I wouldn't purchase this. The product is very good, but not worth the price.

Kellett Skincare Clarifying Acne Treatment
I have yet to try this product, but I will let you know what I think of it in an update as soon as I've used it. 

Chloe Eau de Parfum
I am very picky when it comes to fragrances. I like scents that have something extremely unique about them. When I received this fragrance I was afraid that I was more than likely not going to like it. It has a very light floral scent, and I adore the bottle it comes in. Even though I don't despise the smell, I doubt that I will end up using it personally. I will more than likely give this to my little sister or to my mom and let them try it out. I wouldn't purchase this for myself, but I might get it as a gift for a close friend if they enjoy this type of scent. This also has a hefty price tag of around 90$ for 50ml or 115$ for 75$.

Ferro Cosmetics Mineral Foundation
This mineral foundation is very fine, but it has an extremely chalky texture. I wasn't thrilled about the way it made my skin feel. I have acne prone skin, so powder or mineral foundations tend to accentuate that fact. I prefer to use liquid foundations which have built in moisturizers to diminish the flakiness around pimples and my dry cheeks. If you have naturally smooth skin, this foundation could be right for you, but that was not the case for me.

That's it for the review of this months top box. I hope you enjoyed it and got some useful information. Let me know what you think in the comments below.
P.S: Check out my friend Catherines blog,  catherinebelle.blogspot.ca

 Bisous xoxo
~Suzy

4 comments:

  1. I hope you found some stuff you liked! I'm pretty standard with the make up I use so I can't say I would try any of these, but really good reviews none the less!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of the Top Box before, but it looks like it has full size samples, which is great. How much was it?

    Brittney
    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey brittney, thanks for the comment, topbox usually gives really great stuff. I've only received two boxes thus far, see my post on novembers box earlier, and yes they do give full size samples. last month i got a china glaze nail polish, and a close friend of mine has really been enjoying topbox for about a year now. Im pretty sure per month with shipping costs etc that I pay about 13-14 dollars a month. I would highly recommend it. The only problem is that topbox has a really long waitlist! I waited about 5 months before they activated my subscription!

      Delete
    2. That sounds a lot better than Birchbox, which I have been considering. I might get a Top box instead, since Birchbox costs $21 a month. Thanks for all the info!!

      Brittney
      anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

      Delete

Blogging tips